Follow these steps for building a bigger, well-proportioned pecs.
Just imagine a picture in your head. You have a great body. You go shirtless on the beach, and all heads turn in your side. Everybody rapturously looks at you. Did you imagine? So, now it’s time to make it real. Everything what you need to be the king on the beach is to have chiseled pecs. But the main question is how to get them?
No doubts, lifting heavy is essential, but it’s not enough. These exercises limit your ability to achieve size and strength in your pecs. But doing low rep ranges will also be not productive enough.
The chest muscle group consists of the pectoralis major and minor. If you are mainly working on major pectoralis, it will not help you to grow muscle. Performing resistance-training exercises that target and stress both the pectoralis major and minor can help maximize muscle growth. And don’t forget, muscles only grow while resting and repairing, so give them time to recover between your workouts.
Tips to grow your chest muscle
- The most important and the first one is movement. It will stimulate the highest number of muscle fibers and maximize your normal production of testosterone.
- Work on your legs and back. It will promote growth hormone release.
- Work the chest at various angles, ranging from decline to 45 degrees and all sections of pecs will get heavily worked.
- Use dumbbells. They will allow you to work through a more natural range of motion. Using dumbbells, you are not locked into a fixed position as you are when holding a barbell.
- Use isolation movements after your workout. Isolation exercises utilize one specific muscle group to complete the movement. Knowing how certain exercises isolate the chest will allow you to design your chest-firming workout plan.
Let’s start exercising
- Multi-angle DB Press Superset – 3 sets
45 degree – 6 reps (rest 10 sec.)
30 degree – 6 reps (rest 10 sec.)
10 degree – 6 reps (rest 10 sec.)
- Decline DB Press – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Flat Barbell Press – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- DB Flyes– 2 sets of 15-20 reps
- Cable Flyes – 2 sets of 15-20 reps