The hamstring is a group of tendons contracted by 3 posterior thigh muscles that make up the borders of the space behind the knee. Hamstrings flex our knees and extend hips. If you want to look great in your clothes and be stronger, you have to make training your backside a serious focus. But not all of us have an opportunity to go to a gym. That’s why we are going to teach you best hamstring exercises you can perform at home.
Start with straight leg stretch, so that you can avoid injuries. To stretch your muscles, you also can perform crossover leg stretch or balance ball hamstrings stretch.
Continue your workout with a classical exercise for the hamstrings – step up. Just step up onto a raised surface, first with one leg, then the other.
To improve balance and flexibility, perform “bridge”. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat. Place your palms on the floor by your side and lift your hips by pushing off your heels till your shoulder blades touch the ground. Lower your body and repeat few times. Also try to do bridge with one leg lifting on another.
To lose weight and make hamstrings stronger, do usual jumping. Jumping is good for many muscle groups.
For more balance you might also perform a cable hamstring curl.
1. Place strap attachment to lower pulley and adjust weight accordingly.
2. Stand about one foot away from cable machine, and slip left foot into strap.
3. Keeping back tall, hips facing forward and left foot flexed, slowly bend left knee behind you, lifting left heel up toward butt.
4. Extend left knee to lower foot.
5. Do desired number of reps; switch legs and repeat.