Starting working out, all guys dream about a big chest, ripped abs and huge biceps and triceps, and this article will be devoted particularly to getting big and strong biceps. Having strong biceps will not only allow you to beat others in arm wrestling, it’s also useful for showing off and many types of sports.
But unfortunately, many people go about building biceps the wrong way. They develop just medial part of biceps, neglecting other part, which is called the lateral head. But the problem is that ALL parts of your biceps must be built and developed, that’s why we are going to provide for you balanced biceps exercises.
The basic of biceps exercises is a bicep curl. There are hundreds of different kinds of curls, which can be done with barbells and dumbbells.
To make your biceps strong, you can also perform chin ups. It’s a weight training exercise, which is performed with palms facing the body, while pull-ups are performed with your hands facing away from your body.
Don’t forget about doing seated biceps.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your partner standing behind you. Extend your arms straight behind you with your palms facing each other. Your partner will hold your wrists for you. This will be the starting position.
- Attempt to flex your elbows, while your partner prevents any actual movement.
- After 10-20 seconds, relax your arms while your partner gently pulls your wrists up to stretch your biceps. Be sure to let your partner know when the stretch is appropriate to prevent injury or overstretching.
And add some brachialis – SMR exercise to your workout routine.
- Lie on your side, with your upper arm against the foam roller. The upper arm should be more or less aligned with your body, with the outside of the bicep pressed against the foam roller.
- Raise your hips off of the floor, supporting your weight on your arm and on your feet. Hold for 10-30 seconds, and then switch sides.