Most people don’t train their backside with the same level of intensity they do their front, and this is a big problem, if you want to be in a great shape. Of course, it’s superb to have ripped abs and shoulders strong as stone, but don’t forget to develop ALL groups of muscles, and hamstrings are not an exception. Your hamstrings help to control and stabilize your body during the opposing motions.
Don’t just do few sets on the leg curl machine; enjoy really heavy training for your hamstrings.
Here are some exercises, which will help you to build strong hamstrings.
Start your training with 90/90 hamstring. This workout will prepare your muscles for a hard training.
- Lie on your back, with one leg extended straight out.
- With the other leg, bend the hip and knee to 90 degrees. You may brace your leg with your hands if necessary. This will be your starting position.
- Extend your leg straight into the air, pausing briefly at the top. Return the leg to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-20 repetitions, and then switch to the other leg.
Continue your workout with Romanian deadlift and single-leg Romanian deadlift. Don’t focus on range or how far the bar travels. Think about stretching your hamstrings and making progress day by day.
To add resistance, perform leg curl exercise. Just lie face down and place your ankles behind the pad. Flex your feet as you bring your heels toward your butt and return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise few times.
One more great exercise for you is band good morning.
- Using a 41 inch band, stand on one end, spreading your feet a small amount. Bend at the hips to loop the end of the band behind your neck. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your legs straight, extend through the hips to come to a near vertical position.
- Ensure that you do not round your back as you go down back to the starting position.