When most men are trying to lose fat and gain muscle, they usually go about it by running long hours on the treadmill and doing isolated body part splits for resistance training. If you really want to achieve your lofty fitness goals, and you don’t want to waste all the time you are doing right now, then you need to do the thing that most guys neglect: work on your lower body!
The Power of Legs
For years, I did NO lower body work. I was one of the many guys who really only focused on the “glamour muscles” – pecs, abs, and biceps. If you are doing this as well you must stop right now! The lower body – legs and hips – constitute the most powerful areas on the human body, and if you neglect them, you will miss out on building a ton of strength.
In addition, a strong, tight butt is consistently rated by women as one of the most attractive physical characteristics of a man’s body. So now you have a whole new reason to work on your lower body, whether you are happily married or a single guy looking to meet more women!
Forget About the Machines
Okay, so now you know why you need to build your lower body strength… but don’t do it the wrong way! Specifically, stay far away from Smith machines and Nautilus machines for hamstring curls and leg extensions.
The human body is best suited for complex movements that utilize many muscle groups. When you engage your entire body in exercise, you increase the secretion of anabolic hormones such as HGH, which burns fat and builds muscle much more effectively than these isolation exercises – not to mention, you’ll save a TON of time in the gym by focusing on exercises that kill several birds with one stone.
The King of Exercises
So, if you are looking to lose fat and gain muscle, there is no better way than focusing on compound exercises that unleash beneficial hormones into your body. And focusing on your lower body will help you build total-body functional strength that will be the envy of guys and will make the women take notice. The squat is just the exercise to fit the bill. It hasn’t been dubbed “the king of exercises” for nothing!
Perform this awesome exercise as follows:
- Rack a barbell in a power rack in a position that is slightly lower than shoulder level. Set up safety pins to catch the bar should one of your reps fail. Load up the barbell with the weight you want. (If you are new to squatting, work with just the bar for a while to perfect your form.)
- Get underneath the bar, set it across your shoulder blades in a stable position. Grasp the bar with your hands about 1 1/2 x shoulder width.
- Stand up to lift the bar off the rack and walk it back. Position your legs slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Arch backwards so your back is completely stiff. Slowly bend your knees and sit back until your hips are beneath your knees.
- Push up with your legs to return to the starting position.
- Repeat as necessary. Make sure to not train to failure.
Lose Fat, Gain Muscle!
Start off with just the barbell to work on your form. If this is too much, do air squats with no weight. I suggest that, once or twice a week, you do 5 sets of 5 reps of squats. Like I said before, do not train to failure! If you keep “a rep in the bank,” you will more effectively build muscle in no time without worrying about injury.Thousands around the world have declared Organifi to be the best-tasting green juice on the planet. Now it’s your turn. Here’s your opportunity--absolutely FREE